Thursday, May 1, 2008

Drama Blogs: Anne Frank #2

What is prejudice? Where in the world have you seen prejudice? What are the effects of prejudice?
This is the dictionary meaning of "prejudice"

An unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.
Any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable.
Unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes.

I think prejudice basically means "unfair"(?).
I didn't see prejudice, but I heard and read about prejudice. I read that Americans didn't treat black people unequally in the past. I don't know now, I think it changed(?). I don't know the effects.
In Anne Frank's diary, because the Germans treated the Jews unequally, Jews had to wear stars and many things were limited for the Jews. Because of this Anne's family had to go in hiding, Anne couldn't go outside, and also Anne's family had to eat beans everyday.

3 comments:

Joohee K said...

Hi manduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!
i miss you babe ㅠㅠ


Great job !!!!!
I like the way you described prejudice. I also think that prejudice is not right for anyone. Jews were very treated very badly. As you said, they had to wear clothes with david star on it and they had no freedom but only Germans.


Keep it up manduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
good jooooooooooooooobbb

LaurenK said...

Nice Blog Minsoo!
I agree with what you have written on your blog about prejudice. I have the same definition for prejudice as well on my blog as well! Anyways, I think that the acts of prejudice leads things to become and turn out to be unfair, and people to become mistreated as well. I think you have listed a good example of prejudice, on how the blacks were treated unfairly in the past. I also agree with how you said that there was prejudice against the Jews, since the Nazis treated them with disrespect and without care.

On how you said that you do not know the effects of prejudice, I possibly think that an effect of prejudice can be discrimination. I strongly believe that prejudice can cause many negative effects against other people and culture.

Seo Young M. said...

Unfair sort of seems to be the right word for prejudice. I agree that the Americans showed prejudice towards the black in the past. It did change, but I don't think that it has changed completely because when I was in America, I saw some kids who didn't like this boy who was a black. Eh, but it changed a lot in different places.